Contents of Page
- Braun Series Electric Razor
- Philips Norelco
- 3. Philips Norelco SensoTouch3D Series 9000 Electric Razor
- 4. Philips’ Norelco 7300 Electric Razor
- The Best Electric Razors – Wrap-Up
Selecting from the best electric razors requires some precision and skill. Not every electric razor works the same. So, every man looking to trim an unkempt face should invest in a razor that caters to your individual shave. If you’ve taken a few minutes to look carefully into how to pick an electric razor, you may be looking for some personal recommendations.
I’ve compiled a list of the five best electric razors out there. Each of these will offer a unique, diverse set of features that will complement even the best shaving kits out there. So here’s our review on the best electric razors.
Braun Series Electric Razor
Two of the recommended razors here are manufactured by Braun. Braun is one of the top tier brands for electric razors, impressing men with their revolutionary products annually.
Headquartered in Germany, Braun compiled over a century worth of research on shaving products, supplying today’s men with undeniably quality grooming products. The Braun Series 7 and Series 9 stand as top competitor. So, any kempt man looking for a long-term investment will enjoy having one (or both) in his shaving kit.
Before the release of the Series 9, the Braun Series 7 remained a staple in every man’s shaving kit. Although the series 9 does offer more features, the Series 7 still remains a solid piece. Also, since it’s older, the model will be cheaper, in comparison, to the updated model. So it’s great for guys who aren’t interested in the most up-to-date technology but still desire a quality shave with their electric razors.
Features of the Series 7 Electric Razor
If you need a shave that’s going to be close, smooth and personal, you’ll enjoy this electric shaver. While the piece is still pricier than most other electric razors, it delivers exactly what you’re paying for – a quality shaving experience.
- Two-Times OptiFoil – While a safety razor does provide you with the closest shave possible, this technology will help enhance your shaving experience with your electric razor. You’ll feel the shave getting much closer to the follicle than most other electric razors. Plus, you get even more hair in the first stroke, possibly avoiding the need for a second pass in most spots.
- ActiveLift Trimmer – So this makes your shaving experience even more unique. Only the best electric razors have this technology. The ActiveTrimmer works similarly to your shaving brush in your wet shaving experience, pulling the hair before trimming it to help with getting closer to the follicles. If you use your electric razor when your beard or mustache hair grows a little longer, you’ll experience significantly less pulling and tugging.
- MacroMotion Technology – One of the advantages of owning an electric razor in 2018 is the advantage of having a piece that contours your face. The MacroMotion in the Series 7 razor, you’ll get a flexible shave. Even those difficult-to-reach spots on your face, where the angles are more prevalent, you’ll have no problem reaching them with the Braun Series 7.
- Fit for All Skin Types – Even if you have extremely sensitive skin, you’ll find the Braun Series7 to be the best electric razor for your skin. The razor offers three different shaving modes that will give you a shave that is smooth and comfortable.
- Intelligent Sonic Tech – Owning an electric razor with power is important, especially if you have coarse hair. The tech in the razor increases the power of the razor as you work through denser areas of your beard or mustache. This maximizes the cut and tugs significantly less on your beard. The Series 7 electric razor reaches speeds up to 10,000 micro-vibrations in 60 seconds.
- Delivers an Easy Cleaning System – One of the things lacked by most manufacturers is a good cleaning system for the electric razor. The Series 7 removes the hassle of cleaning completely with the first 5-action Clean and Charge system. Using an alcohol-base, you simply touch a button and the system goes through the best cleaning system for the razor at the time and dries it completely.
While the Braun Series 7 electric razor may not be as advanced as the recently launched Braun Series 9, it still holds as one of the best electric razors of all-time. Since its release, men have sworn only to use Braun manufactured electric razors due to the quality of the Series 7. If you need that quality shave but don’t want to pay over $200 for the Braun Series 9, this will provide you with similar results with a lower out-of-pocket expense.
The Braun Series 9 demonstrates the true power of an electric razor. Not to mention, it shows it is a competitive safety razor for shaving. The Braun 9 features the world’s first Synchronic Technology and demonstrates a much more appealing aesthetic than the former Series 7. Let’s take a look at how the Series 9 renovated the shaving world and created the best electric razors on the market.
Features of the Braun Series 9 Electric Razor
Expect to pay more for this electric razor (it’ll be one of the most expensive purchases you’ve made in your grooming kit thus far). However, if you’re in the market for the best electric razor, you’ll need to invest in the Braun Series 9. It’s going to a perfect solution if you need a long-term electric razor that’s not going to quit on you.
- Renovated Clean and Charge Station – While the Series 7 also contains an advanced cleaning system, the Series 9 works better. This series will carefully lubricate your blades to provide less friction to your shave. This means hair won’t tug and you’ll have less shaving bumps after shaving. The system completes with a drying system and charges the electric razor.
- Perfect Razor for the Shower – When electric razors first released, getting them wet was impossible. Times have changed and men need to prevent themselves from being unkempt at all times. The Series 9 changes the way you look at an electric razor forever. Bring it in the shower or so a wet shave with cream or soap. Whatever you plan, you can make it happen with this electric razor.
- Remove More Hair – Intelligent Sonic Technology uses 40,000 cross-cutting actions, with four different shaver heads that specialize in specific cutting strategies. This helps removes nearly all your facial hair in the first pass. This makes it even quicker to get your shave done. Reducing time with an electric razor is a man’s main reason for purchasing one of these.
- Cut Trimmer and HyperLift – Aligns hair in all directions, giving you one of few electric razors to do so. In addition, it helps lift the beard or mustache hair to help you get closer to the follicle.
- Attached Trimmer – Dealing with problematic sideburns or shaping hair is difficult. However, The raun Series 9 delivers a highly precise trimmer that can even help men with troublesome, coarse hair.
The Braun 9 Series fits for every man looking to groom his unkempt facial hair. Although the price will be steeper than most (around $200), the electric razor guarantees you several years of a reliable shaving experience. Other electric razors will find it impossible to keep up with the speed, precision and technology of this shaving razor.
Philips Norelco if one of the most popular brands in the grooming industry, specifically with their electric razors. They are a household name that belongs somewhere in your mens shaving kit. If you need a great electric razor that competes with a Braun electric razor a Philips Norelco electric razor will be an ideal fit for you.
The Philips Norelco Series 9000 released and completely revolutionized the shaving world forever. The Philips Norelco Series 9000 stands against all the competition and even won the 2015 iF Design Award. Aesthetically, the model was redesigned to be more form-fitting to your hand and sleeker. The electric razor will be a staple piece in your collection if you’re willing to spend the money for it.
Features of the Philips Norelco Series 9000 Electric Razor
The Philips Norelco SensoTouch3D 9000 creates a sensational shaving experience for every man who uses it. Using similar technology to the Philips Norelco Series 9000, this is a top electric razor pick for men. Topping the charts, this is like the Prada or Gucci of electric razors. It improves contouring by up to 20-percent and a 30-percent closer shave. These features will amaze every man and change the way you think about shaving.
- Personal Comfort Settings – First, you’ll notice that the Philips Norelco Series 9000 electric razor gives you 3 comfort settings. The slowest speed works better for sensitive skin. The medium speed for semi-sensitive skin. Lastly, it has a high-speed for the most powerful shave. As you continue to use the shaver, you’ll get more comfortable increasing the speed as your skin adjusts to it.
- Contour Detect Tech – Amazingly, the blades in the Philips Norelco Series 9000 moves in eight independent direction to help follow the curves on your face. If you struggle with getting a close shave in difficult-to-reach spots, this will deliver you an authentic shave that will expand over your entire face. Men averaged a 20-percent better cut per swipe on their face than with traditional electric razors.
- Advanced Cleaning Station – The Braun Series 7 and 9 have an advanced cleaning station as well. But, the Norelco Series 9000 delivers an even more improved experience. Using a SmartClean system, this razor delivers an alcohol-free cleaning station that works with the simple touch of a button. A gel lubricates the top of the blades and helps reduce friction during your shave. So, you’ll experience little-to-no hair tugging during your shave. After an intense cleaning, the cleaning station will dry the razor. Then, it will begin charging it afterward to re-energize for your next use.
- Better Power – The electric razor takes about an hour to charge. Not to mention, you can get between 50-to-75 minutes of a charge on it. It even promises that a quick 5-minute charge on the lithium battery lasts long enough to start and finish a shave. So even if you forget to charge it, the electric razor won’t be rendered useless for you to use.
- Better Cutting Position – Using their V-Track Precision Blades, the Series 9000 finds your optimal cutting position during your shave. This helps you get an even close shave. Most men experience a 30-percent closer shave from the more optimized cutting position.
- AquaTec Tech – Even if you want to wet-shave with a shaving cream or gel, you’ll have the opportunity to do it. Unaffected by water, you’ll be able to use this as an all-in-one electric razor.
While this remains as a pretty pricey piece for your mens grooming kit, it’s a worthwhile investment that will pay itself over time. Even the most frugal men find that the best electric razors have a higher price. If you’re looking for a reliable Philips Norelco, try this out and see how amazing your dry or wet shave is going to be.
If you prefer the ring-style, you’ll find the Philips Norelco 7300 to be perfect. The razor offers an impressive number of features that give men a great shave. The shaving razor offers a quality product at a premium price, though not as expensive as a Braun Series 9 or Philips Norelco Series 9000. Perfect for guys who need something a little less pricey too.
Features of the Philips Norelco 7300 Electric Razor
The first thing you’ll notice when you see the Philips Norelco 7300 is the body of it. It has a sleek frame with nice-sized blade rings to help reach a larger service area than most other ring-type electric razors. There are many notable features of this model.
- 5-Direction Contour – Philips Norelco developed the 7300 with DynamixFlex Technology that moves each ring-head in five different directions. When you’re shaving, you’ll notice it will contour your face more efficiently than most others with ring tech. If you need to get hard to reach places, you’ll find it much easier.
- Microbead Tech Rings – Each blade is coated with a microbead tech that reduces friction for most men by up to 85-percent. This will eliminate almost all irritation if you suffer from sensitive skin issues.
- Increased Precision – The blades of the 7300 Series were designed to help give a gentle, precise cut with every swipe. While it might not give you an experience like a Braun Series 9 or Norelco Series 9000, it still delivers a smooth shape that will top the competitors with ring technology.
- Advanced Cleaning System – The Philips Norelco 7300 features an advanced cleaning system that cleans and lubricates the blades to prevent friction during your shave. A simple touch of a button will clean, dry and charge your razor in a matter of an hour.
While the Philips Norelco 7300 costs over $100, it still remains one of the cheaper options for a reliable, quality electric razor. Not to mention, it offers a shave that will continue to attract the ladies for a second date. This electric razor may works best for men with thinner hair.
The tech doesn’t hold up to the ones found in the Series 9000 or Braun Series 9. However, if you’re a huge fan of ring tech, you’ll probably find this to be one of the best electric razors.
While Philips Norelco and Braun top the market for electric razors, Panasonic deserves an honorable mention. The manufacturer creates an appealing line of grooming products, especially electric razors. Men looking for a beginner electric razor will find a Panasonic to be both reliable and affordable as you adjust and learn your electric razor.
Offering men both a wet and dry shave option, you’ll find the Panasonic ES8103S works great as a beginner electric razor. Offering precision and accuracy, you’ll get most hair in two or three swipes, irritating your skin less with fewer passes. Many of the features offered by the ES8103S are found primarily only in more premium electric razors, yet costs under $70.
- Flexible Pivoting Movements – The ES8103S moves in every direction, including up-and-down motions and side-to-side motions to help with contouring the face during your shave. It will provide a slightly closer shave than the average electric razor.
- Over 10,000 Motor Cycles – You need an electric razor that’s going to deliver power, and the Panasonic ES8103S can provide you just that. The blades move at 13,000 cycles per minute, so you’ll get a closer shave ever quicker. The motor moves in linear motions, helping to reduce your irritation.
- 30-Degree Angled Blades – It’s known that shaving your skin on a specific angle helps to eliminate hair quicker and painlessly. Using their formulated tech, the ES8103S was created with a 30-degree angle that cuts with accuracy.
- Hypoallergenic Blades – If you are a sufferer of sensitive skin, the hypoallergenic blades will reduce the irritation your skin.
- Wet or Dry Shave – This is 100% waterproof and works as both a dry shaver or wet shaver. No matter how you want to shave, the ES8103S will help prevent you from being unkempt.
Affordability and quality don’t always tend to be an option for men looking for a great shaving experience with an electric razor. However, Panasonic built their company around the demands of men who need practicality. So if you can’t afford the best electric razor over $100, they are a great alternative.
The ES8103S won’t let you down if you need that reliable shaving tool.
The Best Electric Razors – Wrap-Up
With No Shave November increasing in popularity, you may find yourself on a hiatus right now from your shaving experience. When you return you’ll want to have the best shaving tools in your grooming kit.
These are the best electric razors in 2018 that will continue to provide you with a smooth, unforgettable shave.