Contents of Page
Do you want to become a published writer, to work from anywhere and on topics that interest you personally? We’re always looking for new passionate authors. Join us and your works will be viewed by thousands of readers!
What we’re looking for:
You may submit a full article, a draft, a synopsis or several pitches. Remember, the more complete your submission is, the better chances to be published you have. Keep in mind that we only accept original content, we do not publish anything that’s been already published. The article must be written by you and with zero plagiarism.
We accept guest posts. Put this in the subject line of your email when submitting your pitches, and our editor will contact you and tell you whether your content ideas meet our interest.
All other emails and requests to our submission’s address will be ignored, so, please don’t send us press releases or sales pitches.
Along with your ideas on content send us any relevant information about yourself and your experience level. If you have examples of your work, it is also a big plus.
Writing for unkempt.com takes work. We want your articles to be at their best, so follow these guidelines, please:
- To get a sense for the type of work we publish, read our site first. We publish articles about relationships, style & fitness with photos and graphics to help illustrate the subject matter.
- The article must cover a topic that is appropriate for the site.
- Articles should be between 1000 to 2000 words in length, written in English (American spelling).
- Double check your text, avoid grammar mistakes, tautology and stock phrases.
- Strong catchy heading and logically placed subheadings are a must.
- Include only the most relevant, interesting and useful info into your posts.
- Be creative and bold, make your text easy-readable.
- You may include several links within your post to other posts on unkempt.com.
How to submit your ideas:
If you have an idea for an article, please email email@example.com. You may submit your article or a list of pitches as a Word document or share it via Google Docs.
Our team will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit for Unkempt. Keep in mind that we may get a lot of submissions, so do not follow-up with us if you do not hear back immediately. Try to be patient in waiting for a response.
If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like formal, style, possibly word-processing. As soon as revisions are complete we will schedule you for publication. We will see how readers reacted to your writing and you will be offered more work.
Payments and Republishing
Once your idea, pitch or whole article is approved, we contact you. Together we discuss your rates and choose the most appropriate payment method.
If we accept your article and publish your post on unkempt.com, our website becomes the sole owner of all copyright, publishing, and other rights related to the article’s content. So, we don’t allow republishing on your own blog or other websites. However, your article can be published under your name on our website, and you may also have your own author`s page with a short bio on it. It is allowed to promote your works via sharing them on social media.
We look forward to your contribution!